Saturday, September 22, 2018

Writing Workshops and Sauerkraut

The workshop last evening at the Barnes and Noble in  Morgantown was small but intense and lively.
Then, at the very end, in came my new friend photographer-journalist and author Nancy Abrams!
I was thrilled to meet her-- I had blurbed her book The Climb from Salt Lick for WVU Press, and it
is really worth reading.
  The  B and N, there at Towne Center, was another lovely public place, spacious, cool, quiet, with
a big coffee shop, and, like the libraries I've been visiting, it seems to be a destination for a lot of
people who love books and serenity.  They set us up right in front, near the cafeteria, with room
for maybe 8 people, and I had 4, all serious writers from Morgantown and Bruceton Mills.

In the afternoon, I had seen our great family friend, Charlie Cowger who had been storing
a lot of boxes of my mother’s memorabilia.  Charlie just finished making his yearly
sauerkraut that he loves and gives away for Christmas presents.

All this, after visiting students in the morning at Lincoln High School, who were receptive
and very interesting.  Thanks to Mrs. Payton and Mrs. Ferris (an old friend of my mother’s
from East Shinnston!) as well as Mrs. DeMarco the librarian (who was a Romeo, her dad 's
cousins to my dad's Romeos) and Ms. Osborne   
  Off to Clarksburg today--this book touring is really, really fun and really really exhausting!

No comments: