Thursday, September 20, 2018

Thursday of my tour was all about New Friends and my Oldest

I had a leisurely morning with time to take a good walk and also finally to see one of the coal trains go by below the deck of the little house I'm staying in:


I spent the afternoon at Lowe Library in Shinnston, another library that provides a wide variety of services to all kinds of people.  People dropped by to meet the author  (me) and shared information about their writing and I tried to give some tips.  One man introduced me to another Fan Fiction world that I hadn't heard of:  Furry Fandom. 
      Then I had dinner with my oldest friend: David Hardesty, law professor at WVU and former president of the University, as well as former state treasurer.  But for me, he's above all the oldest friend I have:  as babies we took baths together, and his mother, a nurse, was at my birth.  I got to meet his daughter and two grandchildren  (his wife Susan was babysitting and didn't come to dinner with us).  We went to the lovely Morgantown  Wine Bar at Vintner Valley and talked and talked.  He has a terrific nuanced understanding of West Virginia and West Virginia politics which I wish all my friends in the Northeast could hear him talk about.

No comments: