Saturday, January 06, 2007

New Year Underway

A few days ago a New Jersey five star panel recommended that the state abolish the death penalty. New Jersey hasn't executed anyone for decades, but an official end to the death penalty would have a lot of moral weight with other states to do the same thing.

Except Texas. Someone there seems to like the smell of frying flesh.




January 5, 2007


Every night I hit a wall, or come to a stop. I know it's just tiredness, but it surprises me every time: I'm still thinking of all the things I want to do, and suddenly, the day's good momentum is gone, and it's like my feet are stuck in blocks of wood. Did this always happen to me? I turn a corner and that's it, I'm finished for the day. I can still read and fool around with Web pages, but I have to focus on just one thing instead of six. I'm back to teaching: my online class and fourth graders in Mendham. NYU starts next month.

No comments: