Sunday, December 12, 2004

Winter sky

December 12, 2004
I really love winter sky– I've been out for a walk, after getting a Coalition executive committee meeting ready for tonight, and before going to the meeting. We've had two days of rain followed by two days of gray, but just as I was going up Midland Boulevard and about to turn south again, all of a sudden there was a break in the clouds, and the low sun broke through and made the trees and houses had this magical gilded-glow briefly. Then it faded, but there was still a nice mix of gray blue and white overhead, and a little later a muted glare between two layers of nimbus.
Nine days until solstice, and then lengthening days. I'm facing a lot of travelling in the next month–West Virginia, possibly a real vacation with airplanes, too, which would thrill most people, but scares me spitless

1 comment:

Rosemary Welch said...

You have a fascinating eye for beauty. I love your picture. You also have a talent for describing it. Have you ever thought of writing a book? I have written books since I was 8 years old, but only for my sisters, mind you! LOL I do not suffer rejecting very well. I hope to read and see more pictures from you. Have a wonderful day, and Merry ChristMass.