Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Putting away books

I've spent an hour and a half this evening moving books out of large stacks in the living room and my office and moving them to shelves or at least piles where I can see what I have. I threw away some magazines, and discovered books I have doubles of, and books that I thought had gone missing. The main problem now is that the actually books shelves don't come near holding all the books. The extras lie on their sides on top of other books. The real main problem is that my reading is so erratic that I don't use libraries much, but rather buy books, apparently huge numbers of them, and many I don't quite finish either because I don't like them much or because I get distracted. I used to read books straight through in great gulps, and I start out the same way, but don't quite have enough time/eneergy/breath to finish, so there is this enormous stack of not-finished books.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.