Saturday, October 09, 2004

Can't get lawn signs in New Jersey!!

Well, after months of having a peace sign on our lawn, we finally decided we wanted one for the Democrats, and I've been on the phone to Washington, Trenton, and a local guy in Essex County, and there are no more signs! They aren't pushing them in NJ anyhow-- assuming this a (I always forget the color-- are dems blue or red??) Democratic state, but somehow there seem to be tons of signs for the Republicans around.

The reason, by the way, that I'm not using the names of the candidates is my own personal protest in favor of issues over personalities. I'm really not voting for a man, but for a handful of ways in which the Democrats are infinitely superior to the Republicans: Pre-emptive war; environment; participation rather than bullying in international affairs; choice of Supremes and other judges down the line; stem cell research; women's right to choose, etc.

No comments: