Saturday, August 26, 2023

BILLIE OF FISH HOUSE LANE by MSW published in Iran!

 The Iran Book News Agency (IBNA) has just announced that "Juvenile fiction book Billie of Fish House Lane by American author Meredith Sue Willis has been published in Persian and is available to Iranian Children."

What the???
News to me and my publisher! I once had a short story translated and published in Arabic, also without anyone telling me in advance. In this case, I heard about it from a friend in alumnae relations at Barnard College.
Just think how we might share our work and ideas if all the nations spoke to each other directly....Or maybe even (fantasy time) concentrated on sharing books for young people rather than threatening each other militarily and financially. Forgive the childish dreaming!
More information about Billie of Fish House Lane: (https://meredithsuewillis.com/commentary.html#billie)

No comments: