Thursday, November 15, 2018

Next Year's Words in New Paltz, New York

   



   Last night, November 14, 2018, I was part of a reading series in New Paltz, New York, called Next Year's Words.  It is curated by poet Susan Chute, who prepares excellent, entertaining introductions for her writers.  Three people read, and people who sign up for the open mic are interspersed with the scheduled readers.  It's an excellent format, and it was a lovely, warm atmosphere--including an intermission with homemade snacks! I was honored to share the stage with poets David Appelbaum and Anne Richey. Earlier this year, my friend West Virginia poet laureate Marc Harshman read on the same stage.
   Also part of the fun was visiting my old friend Ingrid Hughes, author of Losing Aaron: A Memoir.

See my webpage at MeredithSueWillis.com.

No comments: