Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Words Bookstore, Maplewood NJ 10-16-18



  I had a wonderful experience last night (10-16-18) at Words bookstore in Maplewood, NJ.  Carrie  Harmon and the rest of the staff there run a terrific series of programs, bringing in writers from northern New Jersey but also from nearby New York City. 
    For me, it was all about friends!! Linda Cameron and Lisa and Zia, Irene Dunsavage and dear  former neighbor Mary Sciaino-- writer friends and Ethical Culture friends-- a gentleman who studied novel writing with me at NYU in the early 1990's.  It was a solid crowd of around twenty people with lots of good questions and comments.  I read for twenty minutes and then we had discussion for half an hour.  It was a privilege to have so many good people take such a big chunk of their Tuesday evening to come out and be with me. 



No comments: