Wednesday, September 12, 2018

MSW on the Gary Bowden Show, 103.3 WAJR-FM!

I was just interviewed on the Gary Bowden radio show out of Clarksburg, West Virginia (weekday mornings at 9, 103.3 WAJR-FM).

Gary had done his homework and knew who I was and where I was from, and we talked about how I try to explain things about West Virginia to folks in the Northeast, and occasionally vice versa.   He was interested in the Appalachian Literary Renaissance and my visits to Shinnston and Clarksburg.

His programs have a lot of information and people with interesting local news and issues.  This was a great kick-off to my first week of book promotion!

P.S. When I said Gary had "done his homework," I was thinking of a time years back when I was on a t.v. show with my first novel, and the host said, as the break was ending and I was sitting down at the broadcast desk, "So what are you here for?  Oh, the blue book. I remember. It's on the desk here somewhere..."

No comments: