Wednesday, June 24, 2009

On the Back Porch

I've been spending a lot of time on the back porch working on the hand go-through of Ten Strategies. Joel and Sarah were here over the week-end for a wedding in Cape May (yes, they fly across the country for a week-end), and at some point all four of us were out there watching the rain come in again, and I said the porch is one of my two favorite places, the porch at the lake being the other. Joel was surprised: "Your favorite place in the world?" So then I had to rethink it, and the thought was that those two screened porches, the one with Lake Buel and the white pines, the other with the complete domination of New Jersey green, are the most relaxing places to me. I'm usually reading or now checking something on the little Acer netbook, and this summer, maybe because it's been so cool so far, and I've got these manuscripts and papers to do, I've been working out there. Even had a meeting with Carol B-A about Schools Committee business. Anyhow, it's a pleasure in my life.

No comments: