Thursday, May 26, 2005

Good Things This Week

So far a lot of good things this week. Having Joel around has been fun: dinner Tuesday night for him, Jacob and Doug. Andy was out, and Joel asked for the fruit and nut chili (Jacob is a modified vegan, Doug on a diet–looking at my Popcorn Factory catalog while they waited to eat.)

Monday night I went to a book group, the Barbara Heisler-Williams/Lorraine Graves group, and participated in a discussion of Oradell at Sea, which was a lot of fun– to feel my most- fully-me work participating, as it were, in a conversation.

And yesterday, at Ridge Street School, Rodney Gilbert and a crew of young actors performed monologues by my students there. It was a tremendous amount of fun--They did cuddly puppies and whining chihuahuas and a rotting appendix and blind children and deaf children and Ray Charles and rats and feet in tight shoes and various kids talking about themselves-- oh my it was fun! I'm so glad to have been a part of that. Tonight is my Coalition meeting, but I'm feeling less dread than sometimes. I hope that is a new confidence rather than bad luck.

No comments: