Friday, January 07, 2005

New Year Greetings Should be Over...

We've passed Twelfth Night El Dia de los Reyes, so I think we can stop giving one another New Year's greetings. I spent yesterday with 3rd and 4th graders in Linden, NJ at School # 8, pleasant place, very well run classes, children pleased to meet a real author, lots of questions about Marco.
Then today it was Warren Streeet School in Newark.

And now I've been putting my first full entry into Wikipedia! What an extraordinary feeling, to be able to contribute to and participate in something that thousands maybe millions of people are working on together. A kind of euphoria and marvelling. I did the story "Life in the Iron Mills" because I already had the research done. A week or so ago I put in some grammatical corrections, but this was my own article!

No comments: