Thursday, November 04, 2004

The morning after the morning after

Update on the weather: outside gray with rain coming later (but gray sky means the orange and yellow look especially fine), and I've have an early morning Coalition meeting that reminds me we have other work to do. Also a long conversation with Joel at college last night--I had asked him for some of his Libertarian friends' arguments for why it isn't the end of the world. The Libertarians say, well, \ if those middle class Americans can't see their own interests are being screwed by this administration, well, screw them, us more affluent folks will be just fine. For the real deal, see The Brown Daily Squeal, especally scroll down to Rob Montz. So that's where the smart young money is? Of course, I believe they're idealists at heart, but heart-wounded by this world.
That's pretty sentimental of me.
And even if the missing anti-altruism is a serious problem, I suppose I still should be thankful that I'm breathing, had breakfast, have beautiful turning trees outside my window. No bubonic plague, legal slavery outlawed. No shooting civil war yet. Have most of my teeth still...

No comments: